Want to be our next intern?
Are you a highly motivated individual who wants to work with an innovative, international award winning social enterprise? Can you work on a volunteer basis for 8-12 hours a week in our NYC office? If so, you may be interested in becoming our next Development and Communications Intern! We will work with any candidate to obtain college credit if needed, and this position is well suited for someone enrolled in university and studying a related field.
• Be our sleuth. Conduct research on prospective funders and foundations.
• Show our funders some love. Write thank-you notes to acknowledge our donors.
• Back us up. Edit and proofread documents such as slide decks, communications materials, and proposal materials. Conduct needed research for proposals as needed.
• Write on. Research and develop creative content for social media and blog posts.
• Keep the trains running on schedule. Organize social media and blog content into an editorial calendar.
• Support SHE. Respond to inquiries from firstname.lastname@example.org account (respond directly or direct inquiries to appropriate staff member, as needed)
• Get to know the database. Enter data into Salesforce as needed.
Our ideal candidate has:
• Great writing and communications skills.
• Organizational skills and the ability to manage time well.
• An understanding of social media platforms and WordPress. Knowledge of measurement tools such as Google Analytics a plus!
• A passion for women’s rights, international health, or social enterprise. The ability to talk about these issues comfortably to produce content consistent with our brand.
• A knack for design, some experience with Adobe Photoshop preferred
If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and a two-page writing sample in an email with “Development and Communications Intern” in the email heading to danielle@SHEinnovates.com.
HOW TO APPLY
If interested, please send a resume, cover letter, and a two-page writing sample in an email with “Development and Communications Intern” in the email heading to danielle@SHEinnovates.com by September 8th.