We are in an exciting growth phase at SHE and will be hiring a Managing Director to lead our Rwanda-based entity to profitability and scale. We are seeking an original, resilient, self–starter who sees opportunities (not challenges), and inspires and manages a team to scale our short, but proven track record. Our Managing Director should bring fresh ideas to the table that can challenge our assumptions and principles. We are seeking someone who can do the following things:
We are looking for outstanding candidates who fit the following criteria:
- Seasoned trailblazer with (5-10 years) experience expanding a sustainable commercial sales organization and one who has driven growth to scale (ideally by at least three-fold in a developing economy);
- Growth oriented, cost conscious leader with demonstrated ability to reduce product/unit costs by 50% (ideally in a manufacturing business);
- Business savvy financial manager with extensive experience in managing a P&L and in financial modeling to drive and inform strategy;
- Strategic thinker and planner who has built and managed teams that successfully execute on plans for impact and scale;
- Demonstrated ability to work with funders and investors;
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills: a strong listener who demonstrates patience, tact and authenticity;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and across a global team, proven capacity to work across cultural lines; and the ability to operate independently in complex situations;
- Can-do positive attitude (we did figure out how to make sanitary pads out of banana trees—not easy!); and
- Language: English required. + French and/or Kinyarwanda preferred.
- Guide the scaling of SHE Rwanda from a fiscal perspective;
- Develop evidence-driven implementation plans and execute those plans for production, sales, distribution, and supply chain management;
- Evaluate the in-country leadership capabilities to meet the needs of the accelerated timeline to scale;
- Test and evaluate all aspects of business model to ensure quality, sustainability and replicability by measuring success criteria against SHE’s business model and its assumptions;
- Lead implementation plan roll-out while working with a diverse set of actors;
- Hire and develop staff in Rwanda;
- Advocate for funds, approximately $500,000 annually, for SHE externally in Rwanda and globally;
- Lead with integrity. The Managing Director would be an inspirational figure for the staff and international community to look to as highly-skilled, passionate, and ethical.
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Duration: Minimum 2+ years commitment, full-time job
Preferred Start Date: Immediate Opening
Compensation: Competitive with performance-driven bonuses and raises
Please send cover letter and CV to email@example.com as soon as possible. This will be a rolling process and CVs will be reviewed immediately upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. Let us know why you would be the best person for the job today!