- Build and manage SHE’s sales strategy and performance across Rwanda, including developing and implementing direct sales strategy to girls and women.
- Identify new opportunities and build existing partnerships with distribution partners (schools, NGOs, kiosks, etc) – to meet ambitious sales and financial targets and convert new distribution partners.
- Recruit, develop, incentivize and oversee a sales team across Rwanda.
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales team
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the Managing Director on the quarterly basis.
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensures it’s strong presence.
- Collaborate closely with District and sector officials to drive sales in new districts and sectors.
- Develop the pricing strategy per customer and incorporate the element of training and awareness programs for school, kiosks and NGO bulk buyers.
- Develop an annual estimated budget for SHE marketing and sales activities.
- You will be responsible for creating innovative strategies and the associated project roadmaps for improving relevant business processes and developing effective tools, which will help SHE Rwanda to achieve its marketing goals and sales targets.
- Working closely with design agencies and assisting with new product launches.
- Develop, pilot and help plan the implementation of marketing communications activities
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with exceptional track record of exceeding sales targets and building partnerships
- Private sector retail experience in Rwanda and East Africa – understands both peri-urban and rural customer bases
- Experience managing a sales team or field force.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive for results.
- Exceptional natural teacher, strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Kinyarwanda.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Administration or a related field.
- Rwandan nationals and EAC nationals authorized to work in Rwanda only. Willingness to travel across the country as needed.
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of SHE.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Superior customer focus and relationship management
- Experience in early-stage organizations, establishing teams, and processes
- Action-oriented – resourceful, able to take the initiative and manage multi-priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills.
- Confident working independently as well as collaborating with a wider team.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office –especially Excel
- A desire to make a positive impact through your work, and interest in social enterprise
- Experience in pitching, presenting and negotiating – such as presenting to large groups of consumers, preparing and running product training sessions, negotiating partnership terms and handling objections.
Criteria for Selection
The following matrix will be used to evaluate candidates for this position:
- Experience: 40% Candidate must be of mature character with minimum 3 years designing and executing sales and growth operations strategy.
- Skills: 40% Strong analytical, presentation, and communication skills. Skills in recruitment, training and team building.
- Education: 20% Bachelor’s degree required, business degree preferred, must be fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
Preferred Start Date
Competitive with similar social enterprises. This is a role with performance-based raises and the ability to increase in responsibilities over time.
Health insurance, the stipend for airtime and travel, 18 days of vacation as well as national holidays
Mode of Submission
Interested applicants are requested to read and complete very carefully the following application form not later than 26th September 2018.